Clarins Double Serum Review
Clarins Double Serum relaunched last year following a revamp which included the removal of mineral oil. It is the same product loved by many people but is more user friendly without that particular ingredient. I had never tried the original but after a glowing review by Caroline Hirons, I was of course compelled to try!
What is it?
It’s billed as a powerhouse product that is a super antioxidant, fighting free radicals which cause premature aging, dehydration and wrinkles. So, if daily grime & pollution is an issue (and let’s be honest, it is for most) then this is for you. It contains 21 plant actives including turmeric which is particularly effective as an anti-aging ingredient. It’s one of those products that you need to use over time to counteract the damage done by our environment, so results aren’t necessarily immediate. Think of it more like a protective barrier.
That doesn’t mean it’s doesn’t work instantly in many ways. What I really liked about it, is it’s fast absorbing & instantly hydrating & my skin felt calmer just after a few days (I get redness around my nose and some sensitivity on my cheeks). It also has a pump which allows you to dispense either a small amount or a larger serving to take down your neck & décolletage. It also lasts for ages! You’ll see from the bottle that I’ve used a fair bit but I use it morning and evening on the larger dispenser. Plus I’ve been testing it for weeks.
If you haven’t thought of an anti-oxidant product before now, maybe this can be your gateway into trying an effective one. They are an incredibly important part of any skincare regime if you wish to counteract the effects modern day living can have on your skin.
What's great about it?
- Antioxidant properties
- Gives clarity to the skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Hydrating, nourishing, calming and regenerating
- Evens out the skin
- Can be used on all skin types, ages and ethnicities
- Gentle enough to be easily incorporated into your current skin care routine
- Worked especially well on my dehydration lines
- Excellent all rounder which I would repurchase
How to use it
- One pump (using the large or small dispenser gauge) and smooth onto skin
- Allow to sink in to clean skin & follow with moisturiser
- Use morning and evening