Life isn’t perfect but your hair can be!
Alter Ego, Italy is a luxury haircare brand that I was introduced to last year. It was the first time I’d heard of it and once I investigated it more, I found it was a salon exclusive range that’s available to buy online and is loved by professionals around the world.
I’ve tried a few of their products now and they have a huge range to suit all hair types with an emphasis on using natural, organic ingredients. What’s great about the range, other than its effectiveness, is that it caters to a wide range of hair types and concerns. Everything from fine hair to dry, damaged, and coloured hair to a range specifically for blondes.
I’ve had my hair coloured, cut, heat damaged and tied up on many occasions which has taken its toll. Until now. After trying the range, I’ve found a few holy grail products which has helped my fine damaged hair and brought shine and bounce back.
The shampoo and conditioner I have found works best for me is the Miracle Beautifying range for fine hair. Previously if I washed my hair, after a few hours it would be lank and drab, but this brand has replenished my locks unlike any other range I’ve tried. Think I’m gushing about it? Well you’re right, it’s that good!
Along with the shampoo and conditioner, the Miracle Blend Oil has been a god send for my dry damaged ends. A few pumps placed onto damp hair from mid length down, gave my hair the hydration the bleaching process had removed. Now that I’ve gone back to a dark shade, it adds a beautiful shine without weighing it down. I will never be without this oil!
Also, when you have fine hair such as mine, products can tend to weigh it down. But it still needs something that gives it a lustrous look and feel without being sticky or stiff. Their mousse has been my go-to to create this look. I apply a golf sized amount from root to tip before blow drying my hair. It has an anti-static action which gives a soft medium hold and adds life to my mane.
My top 5 haircare tips:
- I wash my hair like I do my face – think of it like a double cleanse. As I don’t wash it every day, I use a small amount on the first wash to remove dirt & pollution. The second wash really cleanses the scalp & conditions the hair and skin. This brand is very natural and helps keep your hair in great condition so it’s perfect for the double wash!
- When drying my hair, I blow dry upside down until 80% dry. Then I finish styling with a paddle brush or large barrelled brush to create bounce and structure. Your hair sets in place in the last few minutes of styling so doing this gets volume into fine hair.
- Always use an oil at the tips of the hair. Even if you get greasy hair, the ends can be a bit drier and can become coarse. An oil will protect from the heat of your styling tools and give a sleek shine to your hair.
- Finish styling your hair with a cold blast of air from your hairdryer. It will help set the style and keep it looking more gorgeous for longer.
- Always use a shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type. It’s easy to get sucked into buying a two for one deal in pharmacies but when you invest in your hair, you invest in yourself, your self-care and after all, our hair is our crowning glory!
Alterego products are available at www.alteregoshop.ie and you can use the code springchicken20 for 20% off!